Monday, June 18, 2007

Loveland Pass

SILVERTHORNE, Colorado -- We've made it through Loveland Pass, crossing our first major hump of The Divide at just over 11,000 feet. The Heart of Gold has been a champ, barely even passing the halfway mark on the engine temp gauge.

This is also where we make our first real turn since Dayton, saying goodbye to I-70 as we turn onto Route 9 following the Blue Water River until it meets the headwaters of the Colorado River.

But first, the brakes are just starting to squeal a bit, so we to need to check them out. In the meantime, Willie's been singing to me in my mind all morning, so I thought I'd share the love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Fam!

Marley told me to send our address, so here it is:
5921 Yakima Ave
Tacoma WA 98408

Cant wait to see ya'll!
Chris and Shannon

Anonymous said...

Ok, I realize that you posted twice yesterday, but they were early. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment. I hope that the delay is because you are getting another head start and not due to any snags in the plan. Afterall you have to catch us up!
John, I don't know if Marlaina told you or if she will remember, so just in case I will repeat myself. When in Seattle, I have requested that you and Marlaina drink a cup or two of SBC for us. Marlaina informed me that you are the beer drinker so we also request that you down a few good micro brews for Marc and me. Marc likes a good IPA, I like a good amber. We both enjoy a good stout. I like my stout with a brownie, (although not a requirement.). If you go to the Pike Place Market let us know. We will tell you where to stop for the best seafood and who to ask for. That should cover it for now. Big wheels keep on turnin...
The dyrness'