Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Hi all, Marley here.

Jon is the writer in the family-with good reason- but I want to take a moment while he's at the pool with the kids to share a little bit about the man behind the blog, particularly who he is as a father.

With just a snapshot of a day, it's easy to describe Amelia and Noah's Daddy. Today, he has already demonstrated patience, love, and kindness to his kids. I am so grateful that I can say that about my children's father, but it really is only the tip of the iceberg. What he also demonstrated today was who he really is as a man: his integrity, his depth of feeling, his heart. And the little extra special bit is that he shows them one of his true gifts: his ability to connect with people, to bring them into our story, and us into theirs. It's this quality that takes my breath away. It's one thing I could never give them the way he does. That, and a love of adventure. These two gifts will bless our children in ways I can't even hypothesize yet, but they are gems. And as they watch their father, Amelia will be developing her concept of what kind of man she will want to share her life with, and Noah will be studying and learning what it means to be a man, a father, a husband. I honestly couldn't ask for a better representative for each of these roles.

Happy Father's Day, Jon, from your biggest fan.


3 comments:

A said...

Jon is blessed, it's in your smiles at 14,000 feet, and in your words across this wireless universe.

A

Anonymous said...

Hi friends. I must say I check up on you several times a day, just craving the next gem you might share with me. And then I savor every word and feel so privileged that you have allowed us all to come along for the adventure with your wonderful family. I cherish the qualities I see in your lives, in your family. I find myself wanting to be so like you when I grow up, or when I don't. I would say that I miss you but this is such a wonderful way to be with you! Love to your whole family. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
Ok, I had some serious back reading to do but I'm glad I figured out how to get to what I'd missed. Sounds like the trip has been filled with a myriad of experiences both good and bad, but I have to say I agree with Marley's words of wisdom...it's how you respond to the trials that matters most. It's the toughest thing to do but ever so worth it when success in that area has been achieved! Kudos to both of you. I'm getting more and more excited about your arrival here! We're all on pins and needles to be the last stop on your long and wonderful journey together!
Love you all,
Angie